Friday, August 01, 2008

Good Plan

So, this morning I wasn't totally ready to get up because I've been sharing my bed with Ariel the last few nights and honestly haven't been sleeping that well; tonight we will try a different arrangement. But the rest of today has been marvelous!

Suzy told me to "take the morning off" so I had an incredible time going to the prayer room and working out. Today, after three miles on the elliptical (I'm pretty satisfied with myself...I've taken a break for a while) I tried doing sit-ups on the ball. Like this:


I didn't really know what I was doing, so I just guessed and tried it. (Side note: I am usually slightly intimidated by the thought of looking silly at the gym...purely because of my ignorance on how to do....most things exercise related) It was so good. It burned. Which is good. I thought it would be good for my back. It helps one's back to strengthen one's core, and I figured the support of the ball would be good for my back as I strengthened my core. Suffice it to say, it felt quite successful.

I could still use a nice raspberry white mocha or vanilla chai latte. But, this is a good day. :)

No comments: