Monday, August 11, 2008

Loudness

I've been watching the synchronized diving at the Olympics. I've been having a lot of fun watching the Olympics, actually. I'm enjoying the synchronized diving, and Peter is being more and more pained with each flip.

My favorite moment so far has Michael Phelps' roar last night, seen here:
I don't know if you know the history (I hope you do) but in case you don't, here it is. This picture was taken just after the men's relay. There was a French swimmer who promised to "smash" the Americans... Phelps, apparently, gets pretty fired up when people make comments against him. Our last swimmer was a bit behind the French guy and then just went on super-quadruple speed and caught and passed him, winning by eight hundredths of a second. Phelps went wild and positively roared. Classic. Everybody was swimming their fastest it seems. Even the team that came in fourth beat the existing world record.

Side note, Phelps has been instructed to eat 8,000-10,000 calories a day. That is craziness. As much as I really really wish I could eat more dessert, that many calories would probably be near impossible. He eats like a madman then swims five hours a day. I think he looks like a mer-man because he has huge, huge shoulders and massive muscles but then a tiny, tiny waist and slim legs. Apparently he has flipper feet also, size 14. They say he was made perfectly for swimming.

Tomorrow is D-day. I am getting picked up at 3:15 tomorrow morning. (Actually, that's the middle of the night, not morning) I will try to keep you updated as well as I can, but who I knows, I might be too busy meeting the President for dinner. Every night.

I killed a spider today that was up on the wallk, and it fell down the shoe and onto my hand. Eww. Ewww ewww ewww.

The packing for tomorrow has yet to be done. I realized that I don't actually have any usable flip-flops. I usually borrow Lizzie's, and the one pair I do have I ruined by using with Glorie in the pool. What am I going to do?!

I started my Excellencies of Christ class today...and my mind is already blown. It's so awesome. From the teaching today, all of a sudden Genesis 2 isn't just the creation story, but the craziest picture of the way God designed us. I love it. Love it, love it.


Well, it is 7:53 at the moment. (Actually, now it's 8:14). I need to get things together. Bye.

No comments: