Thursday, August 28, 2008

Untimely Treat

Today when I walked into the house after class, it was quiet and I found Elizabeth scooping ice cream with three adorably expectant children sitting at the kitchen table. Now, this is a slightly strange occurrence considering that it was 10:45 in the morning. Right before Glorie's lunch and nap, with the other kids having a period of the day where they would be very awake and now, thanks to the cones, high on sugar.
It turns out that these ice cream cones were bribes/rewards for what had been a traumatic experience. In the play room/living area, there is a fireplace with a brick base. There are usually pillows in front of it to protect children from the brick corners that are just waiting for some little head to bang onto them. Somehow, though, in the midst of play Judah had indeed whacked his little cheek against it, quite hard. Apparently, Judah had cried very hard, of course. Lizzie comforted him, while Glorie's own little emotions broke apart watching Judah be in such trouble. Judah got a sucker out of the deal as his cheek was iced and all three children were now getting ice cream as a reward for making it through the trial. Enjoy the photographic results.




Oh, and I forgot to mention that once I saw them having ice cream cones, I had to have one myself. Ahem.

1 comment:

Amy Rachel Peterson said...

Hey, why not? I think ice cream is a great reward for crying and being comforted. I'll have to try it sometime.