Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fitting for a Sunday...

First, I just have to tell you about church this morning. It turned into a full-blown dance party. We were singing the "People from every nation and tongue...from generation to generation...we worship You!" which turned into choruses of Hallelujah which {of course} turned into Matt's signature "Everybody dance, come on come on, Everybody dance!" Everyone obeyed. :) We danced and danced and sang and danced. It was awesome.

Secondly, I want to point you to THIS POST on Kate McDonald's blog. Please take the time to read the whole thing. She is doing this series of "Sunday Sessions" based on her readings by A.W. Tozer. Now, I have never actually read Tozer for myself (I'm beginning to think I'll have to...Good job, Kate! :), but the quotes she puts in this post make me think I really like him.

At first this post is about the nature of the Trinity, which in itself is just flooring. It just makes me think "I LOVE God!!" because He is awesome (in the classical sense of the word) and unlike any other... Then it turns to explain how the Trinity is an example of something we must approach with faith because we can't fully understand with our minds... Now, I seriously love the quotes she has from Tozer on this issue, as well as the things Kate writes. I have thought about this so many times...the balance between understanding with our mind, but being devoted, engaged, and in full belief with our hearts and spirits.

Please read the post. I'm thankful for who Kate is and the way she writes on her blog. I'm thankful for the ways the Lord has worked in her life, and the way He works through her. Jesus is so amazing, isn't He? The way He uses His people, and the way that even though He is so high and lofty and above all things, He comes and meets us. He meets us...

Let me leave you with some of the Tozer quotes I loved:

“Love and faith are at home in the mystery of the Godhead. Let reason kneel in reverence outside.”
"[The scholar] may compare Scripture with Scripture until he has discovered the true meaning of the text. But right there his authority ends. He must never sit in judgment upon what is written… After the meaning is discovered, that meaning judges him; never does he judge it."

No comments: