Thursday, July 24, 2008

Take me out to the ball game...

I am going to DC. I am going to DC. I'm Call Staff and I'm going to Washington, D.C.

I cannot tell you how excited I am right now. Jesus is so so good. I had a moment after waiting for a long time to hear back from the powers that be about whether I could go or not where I realized... "I haven't asked!" (On the note of you have not because you ask not) So I asked God for it. And I asked a couple more times.

And finally, the decision came in! And I'm going, and I can't even imagine how amazing it will be. I have a hard time believing that it won't be the week of a lifetime. I'm sure that while I'm there, I will be stunned by the Lord's coordinating hundreds of thousands of people to cry out for His heart for our nation and our world, and I'm sure that the Lord has crazy things that He will do in my heart through it, and I'm excited for those... at the moment, however, all I can think about is how simply good He is to me and how crazy it is that He enjoys me being happy. That part that typically fits into the "deeply spiritual" category will be there, but at the moment, I just feel very simply loved on. Like, as if Jesus did this just to make me smile. =)

So here I am smiling. :) :) :) 19 days... I can't wait to be around great people and to be tired out of my brains from working hard and to pray with two hundred thousand people. I can't wait.

No comments: