Monday, July 28, 2008

Is it blue?

I just went out to get the mail and was met by The Insect of Terror (commonly known as the wasp) sitting on the lid of the letter-box. I gasped (very deeply), ducked back into the house, and proceeded to spy on it through the window. I decided to check the mail later.

Have you notice how Target can be your best friend and worst enemy all at the same time? Well, perhaps not your worst enemy, but it can definitely be quite a good friend. Yesterday I went purposefully, and needed nail clippers. I wanted to ask an employee but didn't and eventually found them. As I strolled around the store having everything I needed, two different nice red-cloaked people asked if they could help me find something. I smiled and declined my Target friends.

A few moments later, I found myself searching for a fly swatter (there is a terrible problem with flies in Kansas City and I am tired of watching Peter kill them with his hands and then carry them outside to feed to the spiders...different blog). This time I was utterly convinced that I needed an associate's aid to find what I was looking for. I went and searched out someone. Two associates were figuring something out with each other (movie prices or some such triviality) and I interrupted to ask about the fly swatter. The girl was very kind and cheerful and directed me to the "gadget wall". I looked up and down the wall and didn't find a fly swatter. Spatula, strainer, measuring spoons but no fly swatter. I went and interrupted a second duo that was trying to figure something out and the guy started to point me to the same place. I protested that I had found none of the wanted tool there, so he came to help me look. We stood there and looked and looked and got advice from someone else to look on the left side and that it "doesn't jump out at you. that's the problem."

I'm sorry, Target, but there's no fly swatter on the gadget wall. That's okay. I love you anyways. What are friends for?

Anyways, the people were very helpful and kind. I like being asked if I can be helped to find anything, even when my answer is no.

This has turned into quite a pointless story. Bye.

1 comment:

Amy Rachel Peterson said...

That's ok. Pointless stories are the best sometimes, darling.