Thursday, March 15, 2007

Calm? What?

I don't know what I am right now. Calm? Happy? Busy? Tired? I'm not quite sure. School is, of course, always around; but it's nice to have some breaks. It's refreshing to be reminded that I was not made solely for the purpose of Physics tests or describing Supreme Court nominations. I have friends! I have a home! I have a life! It belongs more to Jesus than it belongs to me, but He sure blesses me in it.
Today, Mr. Pan and Jinny and I went over to Amy, Rachel, Bethany, Christy's etc. house. We kind of sat around and did and wondered about random things. Amy made roses out of a ribbon. They set up an overhead projector. Can you sing "Peep a little, talk a little; cheep, cheep, cheep; peep a lot, talk a little more" to many different speeds of beats on the metronome? Did you know that brown and pink go well together? If Mr. Pan were to wear a brown shirt with a pink tie, what color pants would match that?
We made some pizza; we listened to some country music ["I'm your Buckaroo; I want to be like you"]

And, we have no heat tomorrow at school. The pipes in our furnace burst, and the boiler company won't come and fix it until we pay them the $7,000 we still owe them from the last time they fixed it. It's quite an excercise of faith, but the Lord is good, I know it. I think it would be good if we were thankful that we owe the money; it is an opportunity for us to be amazed again by Jesus. He will not leave us behind.
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." ~1 Thessalonians 5:9
Paul says that God will supply all our needs. Please pray for my school to get the money we need, but also pray for us to be thankful for our struggles, because we are made to rejoice in our trials! Having heat is nothing compared to knowing Jesus and knowing He will always be good to us. Always

No comments: