Monday, June 15, 2009

It is the Same With You

The set I did screens for the other day was on Psalm 139:

"O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways."

I wanted to share some stuff the Lord downloaded during the set; Tim (then Natasha added) started singing this and I had to grab a paper and write it down.  Remember there are parts of you that no man will ever know, but God sees.  In fact, He created them just to be seen by Him.  He understands every motive of your heart; you never have to explain yourself to Him.

The first time I was really struck by this Psalm was a morning just after I had been wrestling with the realization that I just wanted someone to want to know me; I wanted so badly for someone to spend time finding out who I was.  I opened my Bible right to Psalm 139 and the first line read: "Oh God, you have searched me and known me."  It was exactly what I had been aching for!  Remember that you are wholly and completely known by the One who created you.
There are parts of the galaxy no one will ever see
Depths of the ocean no one will ever plunge.
The same is with you...
I made you just for Me
Though other eyes would pass you by, you are My creation, you have My attention.
I made you for Me
I made you for Me.

Even now you have My gaze
I never look away
You're the apple of My eye

No comments: