Saturday, May 23, 2009

New FAV

Stories get me. So does dancing. Tonight was awesome.

The girls had a lovely dinner (thanks, Suz!) and went off to a ballet performance by a Christian dance company here in KC. It was unbelievable! The first half was the story of Jesus, and it was just so moving... Favorite scenes included him wrestling with little boys to the tune of Cory Asbury singing "Delight in me...delight in me..." as well as an opening scene of the throne room in heaven, complete with four dancers that had colored capes attached to them covered with eyes (Revelation 4:6), danced to Matt Gilman singing "Holy". Then there was the wonderful ending, which has led to me to certain song that I'm hoping will go on my iPod playlist: "The Awesomeness" very, very soon. Listen to it here. It talks about Paul & Silas, and about Moses, and then has the coolest bridge:

"I see the long, quiet walk along the underground railroad;
I see the slave awaken to the value of her soul.
[The Underground Railroad and the end of slavery]
I see the young missionary and the end of the spear
I see his family returning with no trace of fear
[Jim Elliott, Nate Saint and 3 other missionaries were killed in South America by tribesmen they were trying to reach for Jesus. A few years later their wives, sisters, and children returned again to the tribe to preach the Gospel. The Waodoni now know Jesus]
I see the long, hard shadows of Calcutta nights
I see the sister sitting by the dying man's side
I see the young girl huddled on the brothel floor
I see the man with a passion come and kickin' down that door
[Everyone in the audience clapped and cheered once this one finished and the guy dancer came and rescued her. You can tell when you're living in a community praying for the end of human trafficking.]
I see the Man of sorrows and His long troubled road
I see the world on His shoulders and my easy road"
[And aren't these last two lines great?! Jesus took it ALL...]

2 comments:

Amy Rachel Peterson said...

Amen, Amen!!

Love or Nothing said...

love that song by sara groves. she's the best :)