Friday, December 05, 2008

Que en el Mundo?

So, I am really excited about my birthday present for Glorie.  She turns 2 on Monday.  TWO!  I can't believe it.  

She has just melted my heart with how much she wants to read her Bible.  It's a little picture one, but anytime she asks to read it: "My Bye-bu", I'm overcome.  There is also a library book called "I Love My Bible" that she LOVED to read.  She remembered where on the page the verse "Children Obey your parents" was, etc.  

SO I ordered that book online for her as well as The Bible in Pictures for Toddlers.

I was extremely excited about that Bible in Pictures because the author also wrote Read Aloud Bible Stories, which are AMAZING.  Simple illustrations, and simple teaching of Bible stories.  My favorite is the one about Jesus healing blind Bartemaeus.  The climax of the story is not just that the guy can SEE after Jesus heals him, but that the best part about it was that he saw JESUS.  Blows my mind every time I read it, and it's a children's book!!

Well, I Love My Bible didn't come.  I got refunded at the last minute because their copy was damaged, and I am about to head to Barnes & Noble to try to find one there.  The Bible came, and I was reading a couple stories to Ariel and Judah because they were super interested.  Then, out of nowhere, we're reading the story of Moses and the burning bush, and this line comes out of nowhere:

"God doesn't speak out loud anymore."

HOLD ON.  Wait a minute.  Que en el mundo? 

The Bible doesn't say that.  So, don't teach it.  And don't write it in children's books.

I personally know people who have heard the audible voice of God.  It's real.  God speaks that way.

I'm still excited about the rest of the book, because the author is superbly talented and has totally been gifted by the Lord in putting things simply, in a way for children to understand, yet still packed with revelation.  Love her work.

Just that line, I can't get over it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I so know what you are talking about! I think a lot of adults believe that, though... just like lots of people don't believe the gifts are still present...

My pastor says if they are the gifts OF the spirit (His gifts) how could they ever pass away????

Good point, Pastor Man:)