Saturday, December 06, 2008

Encouragement

This morning was Glorie's second birthday bash.  Man, my sister throws a mean party.  It was the cutest thing EVER!  The little girls came dressed in their ballet/princess outfits and we had cute-o heart shaped waffles and pancakes...it was a blast.  I left my camera at home (doh!) and so if any pics end up here, they were taken by me on Liz's camera...

I want to point you to another awesome post on Kate's blog.  First, I had never seen the story of Jacob that way.  SO good.  Second, I love reading stories of how Jesus moved!  He moves!  He speaks!  He changes lives!  Hearing His work is like honey...so sweet.

Lastly, I found this verse yesterday that I had never heard before.  I was searching for the right one to inscribe in the book of Bible stories I got Glorie, and was looking for verses that emphasize how important the words of God are to us:

Deuteronomy 32:45-47  
"When Moses finished reciting all these words to all Israel, he said to them, "Take to heart all the words I have solemnly declared to you this day, so that you may command your children to obey carefully all the words of this law. They are not just idle words for you—they are your life. By them you will live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to possess."

Wow.  God never minces words, does He?  Wow.

1 comment:

anna joy said...

what a cool verse. sometimes it takes putting a verse on a blog to actually LOOK at what it says instead of letting it go by in a jumble of paragraphs in the bible (no offense, bible). every word of God is a gem :)