Friday, June 27, 2008

Yesterday someone asked me why there was no staff designation on my nametag...

This is Annie with you again, reporting live from Fascinate '08.

No one's asking me any questions at the moment. I finished a crossword puzzle this morning! And yes, I cheated...but I finished. I figure that a sudoku may be next on the list. Other ideas include reading the news and thus feeling like a more competent and knowledgable world-citizen.

I forgot my nametag at home this morning. Bummer.

Non-bummer: I worked out this morning! Got up early (well, my alarm went off at 5:30 and I accidentally went back to sleep until 6...oops. I guess it isn't that much earlier than I sometimes get up with Glorie...) and went with Liz to the gym. I got added on their family account, so I have a little I.D. card to swipe, and I'm in! The gym has a pool and a track and machines. I ran a little on the treadmill (is that better for your knees than sidewalk running?) and I did the machine that I can't remember the name of. And I tried the weight machines a little bit. I only did like one and felt silly about it because I didn't know how to make it work. The attendant came and fixed it for me when I was trying to use a limp machine. Hah. But I really want to go at those muscle machines. So exciting.

It's easier to be motivated to go to the gym than to go out in the hotness of the heat to run for a long time. Last week I tried that and sweated more than I ever have in my life...and I was only out for less than a half an hour.

I'm feeling like I would really like a yummy drink from Higher Grounds. I have a couple meeting type things at IHOP once I finish here at the conference... Two hours until then.

Yet I have to go without a nametag. :( Sad.

No comments: