Sunday, June 06, 2010

Me, Crammed between two car seats.


I have just arrived in Kansas City.  Be still my beating heart.  It's like my world world just stopped at a wonderfully blissful spot.  Kansas City is home in so many ways, and I love being here.

Getting here involved an 8 hour road trip in which:
  • I developed what I call the "blanket tent" over the high chair and baby went to sleep.
  • We got redirected onto the back roads of Iowa, as the state patrol completely shut down the interstate, and funneled hundreds of cars onto random highways which no one knows how to maneuver.  I'm glad we made it.
  • I remembered that thing I talked about yesterday, the thing I shouldn't be qualified to do.  SKIING!  Who in the world would take me to the top of the mountain and decide it was okay to leave me there to slide down on two little pieces of plastic?!  Unqualified, I tell you.
  • Soon after we crossed the Missouri state line, we saw a man walking down the highway.  That's strange.  What's even stranger is that he had his pet pig with him. 
  • I ate lots of Trader Joe's White Cheddar Corn Puffs.  J'adore.
The good news is, I've forever secured my position as necessary-child-wrangler on all my sister's forthcoming road trips.

No comments: