Monday, May 19, 2008

Robotic Days

This morning, my stuffed nose and I woke up and wanted to be back asleep. I got ready, made it to the car, and wondered to myself, "am I alive?" This morning was one of those mornings where you wonder if you're actually living your life or if you're just super thankful you jumped in the car before it started driving off to where you're supposed to go next.

All day, everyone at school (which wasn't very many of us) wanted to just give up and take an easy day coupon. We had come back from the trip week and wanted some time to continue the phwam-i-ness of the recovery. A couple of us are sick. In retrospect, our van was more like a germ breeder on wheels than a transporter of children to and from a nice trip.

Anyways...stuffy nose and I have something to tell you.

I got a phone! My own bonified, able to send and receive calls, complete with keypad to get my fingers busy texting cell phone! I've experienced the weird non-recognition of my new ringtone. What about the jump in my heart when I get the little beep that I received a text? Ah...the joys of robotic life.

But this cell phone. I don't know what to think about this, but it's one of those things that makes me feel like a qualified human being. I may have said this in the not-so-distant past, but things like running, cleaning the kitchen, playing piano, and holding babies make me feel competent.

No comments: