Thursday, February 12, 2009

A Return Interview

Dearest Amy, you are beautiful.

That's not a question.

Okay, I love you anyways. A question: Do you like mice?

[Laugh]. [Think...then laugh more] I like mice most when they eat through the pockets of my jackets.

Uh-oh. Explain what happened.

Well, see, I accidentally left some chocolate in my fleece pocket, and when I went the next day to retrieve it, it had been eaten, as had the pocket in the jacket. So now, I can't put anything in the pocket without it falling through.

I don't think this is very interesting.

I'm the question-er. I'll be the judge of that. On to more important things: Do you prefer tulips or hydrangeas?

Uhmmmm... Hydrangeas. They're the big fluffy ones right?

Did you have any secret when-I-grow-up dreams from your childhood?

I wanted to be an ambassador's wife.

Whoa! To where?

Anywhere. I also wanted to be a cowgirl. I wanted to be able to ride and shoot at the same time.

You know, I think that dream is attainable. You already know how to ride.

Yes, but riding and shooting at the same time requires great coordination. And strength of arm. I'm not sure I have great strenght of arm.

But you could always ride in a car and shoot ping pong balls out the window, and you would technically be "riding and shooting". In fact, I'll drive for you!

As long as we're on the open plains.

Our tires might get stuck in mud.

That happened to me once. I was with a friend who thought that the way to get down a muddy road was to drive downhill as fast as we could. By the time we got to the bottom we did a 360 donut, and when we finally realized we were still alive, we burst into hysterical laughter. I asked her where she got the idea that the best way to get through mud was to go as fast as you can, and she couldn't remember who had told her that. Several miles later, we realized that multiple branches were stuck up in the wheel well. We tried to stop to ask for help and directions (so as to get off the dirt roads) but got chased away by a pit bull. "Welcome to friendly Kansas".

My goodness! I've never heard that story before!

That was the trip where I put the car in reverse while going 60 mph down the highway.

That sounds healthy.

I don't know how we did it, but God preserved our lives on that trip. We made it to the Grand Canyon and back in one piece.

Oh, you went to the Grand Canyon? Do you recommend it?

It was okay, but I REALLY reccommend Zion National Park.

And that's all she wrote, folks. Amy's now occuppied hush-ing a baby, bouncing him back and forth. Visit her blog, and leave her some comment love!

No comments: